Clan Association Gallery
Which temples are linked to these clan associations? 哪些庙宇跟这些会馆有关?
Flip (mouseover or tap) the cards to see the answers.
Khoh Clan Association 许氏总会
Gaoyang Gonghui and Xu Jia Xie Jin She were founded in 1936. In 1951 they merged to form Khoh Clan Association and built Outram Hill Ho Lim Keng Temple in 1975.
Outram Hill Ho Lim Keng 欧南山檺林宫 was built at the foot of Outram Hill, with Khoh's ancestral hall on the 2nd level.
Toh Clan general Associationn 新加坡卓氏总会
Toh Clan general association was formed through the merger of Nanyang Toh Clan Association (南洋卓氏公会) and Hoon Hong Hiap Chin Sia (新加坡云峰协进社), which were founded in 1939 and 1958 respectively. When Hoon Hong Hiap Chin Sia was affected by land acquisition it moved into the same building as Nanyang Toh Clan Association in 1991. They operated as 2 separate entities until their merger in 1998.
Hokkien Yeo See Association 新洲福建杨氏公会
Hokkien Yeo See Association was founded in 1910. The association was Amoy Street and Cecial Stess before moving into the Yeo's buildomg at Telok Blangah.
Founded in 1840 by Hokkien immigrants from Malacca of Quanzhou and Zhangzhou ancestries, the Huay Kuan was initially housed in Thian Hock Keng.
Founded in 1926 at Ann Siang Hill for immigrants from Nan'an county in Quanzhou, Fujian. The association moved to Mohamed Sultan Road in the 1960s.
Hong San See was founded at Qing Shan Ting (Wallich Road) by Nan'an immigrants in 1836.
In 1830 Seah Eu Chin founded Ngee Ann Kun (old name for Chaozhou) through the merger of 13 Teochew clans that were grouped by surname. In 1845 it was renamed Ngee Ann Kongsi, and was initially housed in Wak Hai Cheng Bio. It is currently located at Tank Road.
Wak Hai Cheng Bio 粤海清庙 founded before 1820 by Lin Pan of Chaozhou Cheng Hai ancestry.
In 1845 Ngee Ann Kongsi took over the management of Wak Hai Cheng Bio.
The association was founded in 1823 at Telok Ayer Street for Hakka immigrants from Meixian, Jiaoling, Wuhua, Xingning and Yuanping counties of Jiaying (old name for Meizhou) prefecture in Guangdong. Ying Fo Fui Kun manages Shuang Long Shan Ancestral Hall at Commonwealth Lane, which includes a cemetery.
The Association exist since the 19th century but was officially registered in 1909. Its function is to provide support for Hakka immigrants from Fengshun and Dabu of Jiaying (old name for Meizhou) prefecture in Guangdong and Yongding in Fujian. The association's cemetery at Old Holland Road was exhumed in the 1980s, and in its place is a columbarium.
Formerly known as Qiongzhou Hui Guan, the clan association was established in 1854 at Malabar Street for Hainanese immigrants, and moved to Beach Road in 1887.
Qiongzhou Tianhou Gong 琼州天后宫 shared the same premises with Hainan Hwee Kua since they were founded in 1854 at Malabar Street. Their function are complementary to one another, allowing them to work as a single entity.
Kwong Wai Siew Peck San Theng 广惠肇碧山亭 is a federation of 16 clan associations - Nam Sun, Ning Yeung, Chung Shan, Poon Yue, Fa Yun, Kong Chow, Sam Sui, Tung On, Shun Tak, Ching Yuen, Chen Loong, Wui Chiu, Siu Heng, Koh Yiu, Hok San and Yen Peng.
Kwong Wai Siew Peck San Theng was the cemetery founded by immigrants from Kwong Chow Fu, Wai Chow Fu and Siew Heng Fu of Guangdong, and Peck San Theng Fu De Ci 碧山亭福德祠 was the temple for the cemetery.
Peh Clan Association 新加坡白氏公会
Founded in 1933 at Nankin Street, the association was originally known as Hiong San Peh Si Kong So. After the war, the clan association was re-established at Synagogue Street. It is currently located at Rangoon Road.
Jiu Xian Gong 九仙宫 was built in 1928 at Tampines Road 7th milestone (Loyang Village), and for a period before the war the Peh Clan was housed in the old temple.
Gan Clan Association 新加坡颜氏公会
Founded in 1966 at Bukit Pasoh Road. Famous Gan pioneers include Gan Eng Seng and Gan Eng Leng. Gan Eng Seng school was named after the former and Leng Kee Road was named after the latter.
Leng San Teng 麟山亭 was built in 1879 on Bukit Leng Kee, which was purchased by Gan Eng Leng through his firm Chop Leng Kee. Bukit Leng Keng was used as a cemetery by Hokkien Huay Kuan and Gan clan members.