Galleries 历史走廊

Pioneers 先驱 Clans 会馆

Contact us 联络我们

Feedback反馈 Facebook

Temple Events 庙宇活动

Calendar日历

Find temples 寻找庙宇

List列举 Search搜索

Location 地点

Map地图

   Cantonese & Hakka / Downtown Other temples in this area

> Fuk Tak Chi 海唇福德祠 Fuk Tak Chi 海唇福德祠 Fuk Tak Chi 海唇福德祠 Fuk Tak Chi 海唇福德祠

Fuk Tak Chi
海唇福德祠

  Introduction
Fuk Tak Chi (hai chun fu de ci), a former Tua Pek Kong temple, was converted to a museum in 1998.
In the old days, the Chinese referred to this former temple as 'Lips of the Sea Fuk Tak Chi', because of its close proximity to the sea, until land reclamation pushed the shoreline away. Visitors could visualize this through a model in Fuk Tak Chi that depicts the temple's surrounding in the 19th century, including the coastline and a Chinese wayang (opera) stage. In fact, Telok Ayer, the street that Fuk Tak Chi sits on, means Bay Water in Malay.
Hanging on the walls of Fuk Tak Chi are wooden plaques dated from Daoguang to the Republic eras of China, and the oldest one was presented by Kwong Wai Siew in 1824, which established the fact that Fuk Tak Chi was founded in 1824 or earlier. This 1824 plaque could be the oldest surviving wooden plaque in Singapore.
The founding group Kwong Wai Siew is made up of Cantonese and Hakka immigrants from the three Guangdong prefectures of Kwong Chow Fu, Wai Chow Fu and Siew Heng Fu. The Hakka clans Fong Yun Thai Association (represents 3 districts) and Ying Fo Fui Kun (represents 5 districts) joined in 1854 after contributing to the temple's rebuild. The Teochew and Hainanese clans contributed to the rebuild as well, but joined the temple as associate members. Among the largest donors of the 1854's rebuild was Hoo Ah Kay (aka Whampoa). Two other steles dated 1869 and 1870 listed Cheang Hong Lim and Hoo Ah Kay (aka Whampoa) as donors for the renovation of Fuk Tak Chi and its opera stage.
When Kwong Wai Siew and the Hakka clans (Fong Yun Thai & Ying Fo Fui Kun) clashed over money matter the Chinese Protector and Police Commissioner stepped in to settle the dispute, and a stele dated 1886 was erected to spell out the settlement agreement.


海唇福德祠顾名思义是一间临海的大伯公庙。但今日的福德祠已不是庙,也不再靠海。今日的福德祠是一间博物馆,周围都是高楼大夏。幸好馆内摆设一座模型,描绘早年福德祠周围的景象,让访客了解当时的直落亚逸街。
福德祠里挂满了从道光到民国年代的匾额,最早的是由广惠肇三府众信士在道光甲申年(1824)敬送的《顿及遐陬》。从这可以推断福德祠是于1824年或之前创立。广惠肇集团是由广府,惠州与肇庆府所组成的广客组织。嘉应五属(应和会馆)和丰永大集团(简称客属八邑)在咸丰四年(1854年)捐款协助福德祠重修,因此加入福德祠。为这次重修立的《重修大伯公庙众信捐题芳名碑记》提到南生号(胡亚基)的捐助。
一块同治八年(1869) 立的重修石碑提到张芳林捐了一块地。另外同治九年(1870)立的《砌築地臺捐绿勒石碑记》提到胡南生(胡亚基)捐了三十大元,张芳林(张芳源 )捐两块地段。 光绪拾弍年(1886)广惠肇与客属八邑为了添油钱而闹上了华民护卫司署,纠纷解决后立了碑。
  Deities 神明
Main Deity 主神/佛
No longer a temple

Other Deities 众神/佛
No longer a temple
Activities 活动
  Contact Information 联络资讯
Address: 76 Telok Ayer Street, Singapore
Tel: 6235 2433

Operating Hours:
10 am to 10 pm

Click on "View Larger Map" for driving direction and public transport advice.
想知道行驶方向或查询公共交通路线请点击以下"View Larger Map"。
View Larger Map