Hong Kuak Hoon Yang Kong See
The Clan AssociationSingapore Hong Kuak Hoon Yang Kong See (Feng Guo Fen Yang Gong Hui) is the clan association for Guo clansmen originated from the four villages (Feng Guo, Long Keng, Liu Long, Hou Guo) in Chao'an (Teo Ann), Guangdong, which makes it a locality and kinship based clan association. There are exceptions though, as Guo Yun Shan of Chaoyang ancestry was also member of this clan association. His son Guo Jun Ming has followed suit, and even took up directorship. Guo Yun Shan was the master craftsman for Haw Par Villa theme parks in Hong Kong and Singapore. His sons were involved in creating the sculptures at many temples in Singapore, including Teng San Tian Hock Temple, Chu Siang Tong, Yishun United Temple and Telok Blangah Ti Kong Temple.
History of the Guo ClanHong Kuak Hoon Yang Kong See was founded by Guo Xiu Jing and fellow clansmen in 1865. In the early years they were located at Hills Street, Carpenter Street and Victoria Street, and was at North Boat Quay from the 1950s to 1980s, Bukit Pasoh in the 1980s, before moving to the current address in 1990.
The Kueh's TempleWhen the Guo pioneers first came to Singapore they brought with them the "Joss Ash" from the temple Feng Guo Gu Miao in Guo Long village, Anbu (Ampou), Guangdong. They setup a shrine to worship the three wives of San Shan Guo Wang (Three Mountain Emperors). The shrine was established as Guo Si Gu Miao (Kueh's Temple) in 1957, and became a subsidiary of Hong Kuak Hoon Yang Kong See in 1986.
San Shan Guo WangSan Shan Guo Wang, literally means Three Mountain Emperors, refers to the gods of the three mountains located in Jiexi, Jieyang, Guangdong. They were sworn brothers who had made significant contributions in defending the country and were honoured by Ming Dynasty emperor Song Tai Zong. The eldest brother is Lian Jie, god of Jinshan, the second brother is Zhao Xuan, god of Minshan and the third brother is Qiao Jun, god of Dushan. The third brother made the largest contribution and is considered the leader. For this reason his wife is the main deity of Kuek's temple, and her birthday is celebrated at Singapore Federation of Chinese Clan Association. Veneration of San Shan Guo Wang (and their wives) is very popular in the Teochew (Chaoshan) region of China, and has since spread to other parts of China and outside of China. Besides Kueh's Temple, veneration of San Shan Guo Wang can also be found at Beo San Hood Chor Temple.
Guo Zi YiThe most well-known Guo's ancestor is Guo Zi Yi, whose painting can be seen hanging on the wall. He was a Tang Dynasty high-ranking official who was bestowed with the title "Fen Yang Jun Wang ", and for this reason "Fen Yang" is often used to represent the Guo clan.
Guo's CemeteriesAs with other Chinese clan association, Hong Kuak Hoon Yang Kong See took care of its members' burial needs. The deceased were buried in the Teochew cemetery Tai Shan Ting (Orchard Road) until it was acquired for redevelopment in 1957, when they switched to Guang De Shan at Sembawang 12th milestone.
公司/公会新加坡凤廓汾阳公会，原称凤廓汾阳公司，1989年易名，是为广东潮安凤廓、陇坑、溜陇、后廓四乡郭氏宗亲所创的地缘及血缘社团。不过也有例外，例如祖籍潮阳的郭云山与儿子郭俊明。郭云山是香港和新加坡虎豹别墅的泥塑大师，儿子继承父业，在新加坡庙宇创作泥塑浮雕，如镇山天福宫, 聚善堂, 义顺镇联合庙与直落布兰雅天公庙。
Kueh's Temple at North Boat Quay (Source: NAS)
Feng Guo Gu Miao in Chao'An (Source: 郭氏网)
Guangde Shan 广德山 (Source: 凤廓汾阳公会)
潮安县郭陇乡文化游行 (Source: youku)
Lunar: 23rd of 1st mth - Birthday of San Shan Guo Wang
庚子(鼠)年三月十六日 : 大夫人妈圣诞
Lunar: 16th of 3rd mth - Birthday of Da Fu Ren Ma
庚子(鼠)年五月十六日 : 二夫人妈圣诞
Lunar: 16th of 6th mth - Birthday of Er Fu Ren Ma
庚子(鼠)年八月十六日 : 三夫人妈圣诞
Lunar: 16th of 9th mth - Birthday of San Fu Ren Ma
Tel: 6744 2291
Morning, 1st and 15th of Lunar month
Click on "View Larger Map" for driving direction and public transport advice.
想知道行驶方向或查询公共交通路线请点击以下"View Larger Map"。