Galleries 历史走廊

Pioneers 先驱 Clans 会馆

Contact us 联络我们

Feedback反馈 Facebook

Temple Events 庙宇活动

Calendar日历

Find temples 寻找庙宇

List列举 Search搜索

Location 地点

Map地图

   Hokkien / Bukit Merah Other temples in this area

> Kim Lan Beo 金兰庙 Kim Lan Beo 金兰庙 Kim Lan Beo 金兰庙 Kim Lan Beo 金兰庙

Kim Lan Beo
金兰庙

  Introduction
Based on a stele in the temple, Kim Lan Beo (jin lan miao) was founded in 1830 at Tanjong Pagar's Narcis Street, known colloquially as "Little Market". Another stele stated Yeo Cheng Hai,Tan Ti Seng and Koh Eng Hai as the leaders of the founding members, with land donated by Yeo Cheng Hai. The stele also mentioned Gan Eng Seng as one of the donors, the pioneer who founded Anglo Chinese Free School and funded Tong Chai Medical Institution.
The term 'Kim Lan' means 'brotherhood', which explains why Kim Lan Beo was operating like a secret society at the beginning. In fact, the temple might have been built by revolutionaries of Tong Meng Hui, the organization that was trying to overthrow the Qing court.
Hokkien leader Hokkien leader Cheang Hong Lim refurbished the temple in 1881 and put the house in order by establishing some house rules, which were inscribed on Kim Lan Beo's Rule Tablet (dated 1891). Among the rules were to forbid gambling, opium smoking and illegal activities. After the 'clean-up', Cheang opened up the temple to the public, and according to the Hokkien Huay Kuan's newsletter #59, the board of trustees was established. Among the trustees were See Tiong Wah, Oei Tiong Ham (son of Oei Tjie Sien), Lim Boon Keng, Wong Nai Siong (father-in-law of Lim Boon Keng) and Ng Aik Huan.
In the 1960s Hokkien Huay Kuan took over the management of Kim Lan Beo. In 1977 the government acquired Narcis Street to build Tanjong Pagar Plaza and Kim Lan Beo was rebuilt at Kim Tian Road in 1984.
Kim Lan Beo is dedicated to Qing Shui Zu Shi, known colloquially as Chor Soo Kong, and so Kim Lan Beo is also known as Chor Soo Kong Huay. Another important deity in the temple is Tua Pek Kong, which originated from 2 temples. One is the Si Kar Teng Tua Pek Kong temple that used to occupy the current site of Kim Lan Beo, and the other is the Hokkien cemetery temple known as Heng San Teng. Heng San Teng was probably founded in 1828 or earlier, and was unfortunately burnt down in 1992, leaving behind the Tua Pek Keng statue.
The other temples owned by Hokkien Huay Kuan are Goh Chor Tua Pek Kong, Leng San Teng and Thian Hock Keng.
When Heng San Teng (built 1828) was destroyed by fire in 1992, its Da Bo Gong(Tua Pek Kong)'s statue survived the fire and it is now housed in Kim Lan Beo.
Cheang Hong Lim's ancestors came from Haicheng (Zhangzhou, Fujian). He was born in 1825 in Singapore and passed away in 1893. He was buried in Bukit Brown Cemetery (aka Kopi Sua).


根据金兰庙建庙碑记所述,金兰庙成立于1830年,原址在丹戎巴葛纳喜士街,俗称菜市仔。另一碑记提到原庙是由杨清海捐地,再由杨清海、陈治生与许荣海领导建庙。从庙名推断,有'结义金兰'之意,说明金兰庙早期是个一私会党组织,有可能是同盟会的反清复明义士所建。碑记中提到捐款者之一是创办华英义学及资助同济医院的颜永成。
福建帮领袖章明云(章方林)于光绪七年重修此庙,同时在1891年树立《金兰庙条规碑》 ,规定在庙内不许聚赌聚饮,抽鸦片及从事非法活动,并开放给公众膜拜。从《福建会馆会讯第五十九期》得知信托委员会在开放不久后成立,其间曾参与其事的福建名人包括薛中华、黄仲涵(小刀会黄志信之子)、林文庆、黄乃棠 (林文庆的岳父)、黄奕欢等人。
六十年代福建会馆接管金兰庙,1984年因土地被政府征用而在金殿路重建。
金兰庙主祀清水祖师,俗称“祖师公”,所以金兰庙也称为祖师公会。配祀神有源自于四脚亭大伯公庙与恒山亭的大伯公金身。恒山亭是福建帮最早的坟山庙,据说在道光八年(1828年)或之前创立,后来在1992年被大火烧毁,只有大伯公金身完好无损。
福建会馆属下庙宇还有梧槽大伯公庙麟山亭天福宫
1992 年另一间福建帮的古庙恒山亭被大火烧毁,庙里的大伯公金身却完好无损,当今就安奉在金兰庙里。
恒山亭于1992年的大火中烧毁
章方林 (也写为章芳琳或章芳林)原籍福建海澄县,1825年新加坡出生,1893年辞世。他的坟墓在武吉布朗坟山(也称为咖啡山)。
  Deities 神明
Main Deity 主神/佛
Qing Shui Zu Shi (Chor Soo Kong) 清水祖师 (祖师公)Other temples with this as main deity


Other Deities 众神/佛
Jade Emperor 玉皇大帝
Guanyin 观音
Tiger God 虎爷(下坛元帅)
Tua Li Ya Pek (Da Er Ye Bo) 大二爷伯
Monkey King 齐天大圣
Taiyang Gong (Sun God) 太阳公
Shan Cai Tongzi 善才童子 (善财童子)
Current Year Tai Sui 当年太岁
Madam Jin Hua 金花娘娘
Justice Bao 包青天/包公
Ji Gong 济公
Xuan Tian Shang Di 玄天上帝
Neza The Third Prince 哪吒三太子
Civil and Martial Guan Di 文武关帝
Zhang Gong Sheng Jun 张公圣君
Activities 活动
庚子(鼠)年正月初一日 : 迎新年(除夕夜开始)
Lunar: 1st of 1st mth - Usher in the New Year (start on the Eve)

庚子(鼠)年正月初九日 : 拜天公
Lunar: 9th of 1st mth - Birthday of Jade Emperor

庚子(鼠)年二月初二日 : 大伯公千秋
Lunar: 2nd of 2nd mth - Birthday of Tua Pek Kong

  Contact Information 联络资讯
Address: 119A Kim Tian Road, Singapore
Tel: 6272 6191

Operating Hours:
7:30am to 5pm

Click on "View Larger Map" for driving direction and public transport advice.
想知道行驶方向或查询公共交通路线请点击以下"View Larger Map"。
View Larger Map