Galleries 历史走廊

Pioneers 先驱 Clans 会馆

Contact us 联络我们

Feedback反馈 Facebook

Temple Events 庙宇活动

Calendar日历

Find temples 寻找庙宇

List列举 Search搜索

Location 地点

Map地图

   Hokkien / Bukit Merah Other temples in this area

> Leng San Teng (Lin San Teng) 麟山亭北极宫 Leng San Teng (Lin San Teng) 麟山亭北极宫 Leng San Teng (Lin San Teng) 麟山亭北极宫 Leng San Teng (Lin San Teng) 麟山亭北极宫

Leng San Teng (Lin San Teng)
麟山亭北极宫

  Introduction
Based on a plaque in Leng San Teng (ling shan ting), the temple was built in 1879 on a cemetery hill known as Bukit Leng Kee. A stone tablet in the temple shows it was rebuilt in 1915, under the leadership of Tan Boo Liat, Si Tiong Wah and Teo Soon Sian, and among the donors were Tan Kah Kee and Low Kim Pong (through his Chop Ban San Chan).
Around 1884 Gan Eng Leng won the bid for the land at Bukit Leng Kee, through his firm Chop Leng Kee, which was how the hill, the cemetery and the road that we know as Leng Kee Road today were named. Another road that was named after Bukit Leng Kee cemetery is Jalan Tiong, which means 'Cemetery Road'. Gan Eng Leng reserved a small plot of Bukit Leng Kee for the burial of Gan clan members, while a bigger plot was handed over to Hokkien Huay Kuan's directors Tan Kim Ching, Khoo Cheng Tiong and Choa Mee Kue (Cai Mian Xi), and the ownership was later transferred to Hokkien Huay Kuan.
The other temples owned by Hokkien Huay Kuan are Goh Chor Tua Pek Kong, Kim Lan Beo and Thian Hock Keng.
Bukit Leng Kee cemetery was closed for burial in 1923 and mass exhumation was carried out in 1963. Leng San Teng is the only structure left today to remind us of the old cemetery.
Tan Kim Ching, eldest son of Tan Tock Seng, was buried in Bukit Brown Cemetery upon his death in 1892. Khoo Cheng Tiong was a well-known rice merchant and was the president of Thong Chai Medical Institution. He was the father of Khoo Seok Wan, one of Singapore's literary pioneers known for his poems.

Leng San Teng temple
Leng San Teng Temple in 1950s (source: Chinese temples in Singapore by Leon Comber


根据庙里的一块匾額,麟山亭北极宫于1879年在华人坟山麟记山(也称麟山冢)创立。从庙里的另一块石碑得知麟山亭于民国乙卯年(1915)重修,当年的董事是陈武烈,薛中华与张顺善,捐款者包括陈嘉庚及万山号的刘金榜。
麟山冢的山主是麟记号,而麟记号的东主就是颜应麟。今日的麟记路就是以麟记号命名,而'惹兰冢 Jalan Tiong'就是指通往麟山冢的路。
1884年颜应麟将麟记山的一小段地拨为颜氏家族墓地,另外的一大地段,包括麟山亭,交给当时福建会馆董事陈金钟、邱正忠与蔡绵溪,尔后传移到福建会馆。
福建会馆属下庙宇还有梧槽大伯公庙金兰庙天福宫
麟山冢于1923年9月18日正式封冢,1963年政府征用坟山,仅留下麟山亭北极宫做历史的见证。
陈金钟是陈笃生的长子,坟墓在武吉布朗坟山(也称为咖啡山)。邱正忠曾担任同济医院社长,天福宫财政,是位成功的米商,儿子邱菽园是人称'南洋诗宗'的才子,坟墓也在武吉布朗坟山(也称咖啡山)。
  Deities 神明
Main Deity 主神/佛
Xuan Tian Shangdi 玄天上帝Other temples with this as main deity


Other Deities 众神/佛
Tiger God 虎爷(下坛元帅)
Tua Li Ya Pek (Da Er Ye Bo) 大二爷伯
Da Bo Gong (Tua Pek Kong) 大伯公
Guangze Zunwang 广泽尊王
Guanyin (Goddess of Mercy/Compassion) 观音
Madam Zhu Sheng 注生娘娘
Activities 活动
庚子(鼠)年三月初三日至三月初七日 : 玄天上帝圣诞
Lunar: 3rd of 3rd mth to 7th of 3rd mth
Mar - Birthday of Xuan Tian Shang Di

  Contact Information 联络资讯
Address: 1 Leng Kee Road, Singapore
Tel: 6479 8619

Operating Hours:
7am to 6pm

Click on "View Larger Map" for driving direction and public transport advice.
想知道行驶方向或查询公共交通路线请点击以下"View Larger Map"。
View Larger Map