Galleries 历史走廊

Pioneers 先驱 Clans 会馆

Contact us 联络我们

Feedback反馈 Facebook

Temple Events 庙宇活动

Calendar日历

Find temples 寻找庙宇

List列举 Search搜索

Location 地点

Map地图

   Tampines Other temples in this area

> Tampines Soon Hin Ko Beo 淡滨尼顺兴古庙 Tampines Soon Hin Ko Beo 淡滨尼顺兴古庙 Tampines Soon Hin Ko Beo 淡滨尼顺兴古庙 Tampines Soon Hin Ko Beo 淡滨尼顺兴古庙

Tampines Soon Hin Ko Beo
淡滨尼顺兴古庙

  Introduction
Soon Hin Ko Beo (Shun Xing Gu Miao) was founded in 1851 or earlier, based on the date of a plaque presented by a Teochew from Raoping county of Chaozhou. It started as an attap hut, and was rebuilt into a brick house in 1924, together with a opera stage. Soon Hin Ko Beo is the oldest temple in Tampines and is believed to be the first temple in the world to worship Hong Xian Da Di. Devotees prayed to Hong Xian Da Di for protection from tigers, which was a real threat to human lives in the old days.
According to legend, there was a righteous man who went up the hill to get timber and came face to face with a tiger. Instead of running, he knelt down to beg for life, and promised to buy a piece of meat for the tiger. The tiger agreed, and followed him to the foot of the hill, where it waited for him to buy the meat. While waiting, the tiger was spotted by other people and they started to attack the tiger, causing injury to one of its legs. The righteous man who went to buy meat returned to find the tiger missing. He decided to go deep into the woods with the meat to find the tiger, so that he can fulfilled his promise. Years later villagers in Tampines kept seeing a man riding on a 3-legged tiger (one leg was injured the attack earlier) and called himself Hong Xian Da Di, and claimed that he could control the tiger situation.
Due to land acquisition by the government, Loyang Tian Gong Tan, Fu An Dian, Hou Chi Ting, Shun Xing Gu Miao, Ji Xing Ting, Ji Yang Tang, Ci Ling Gong, Xin Ba Da Bo Gong (Tua Pek Kong), Loyang Da Bo Gong (Tua Pek Kong), Han Yang Da Bo Gong (Tua Pek Kong), Tampines 9th Milestone Tian Gong Tan, Tampines 9th Milestone Da Bo Gong (Tua Pek Kong) and Di Wan Da Bo Gong (Tua Pek Kong) moved into Tampines Chinese Temple in 1992.

Shun Xing Gu Miao
In the old days at Tampines 11th milestone (source: Tampines United Temple magazine).


顺兴古庙的历史可以追溯到1851年,当年潮州饶平县人陈恒丰敬献一块“洪仙大帝”匾額,让人民在小茅屋里膜拜。由于这一带村民皆来自中国福建诏安顺兴,村民遂将这个乡村取名为顺兴港。后来洪仙大帝下降指示庙主林温居筹款,重建庙宇,并雕刻洪仙大帝金身。砖墙红屋瓦的新庙与己戏台于1924年农历八月完成,取名顺兴古庙。在英殖民时代,庙前的大道则取名为惹兰洪仙公(洪仙公路),由此可见洪仙大帝是备受当地善信敬仰的神明。
信徒供奉洪仙大帝主要是为了镇压虎患,因早年的新加坡时常发生老虎吃人以及耕畜损失的事件。
据传说,从前有一位村民上山砍材时遇见老虎,跪地求饶,并答应下山买猪肉给它吃。老虎听了没吃村民,还随着村民下山。当它在等着村民买猪肉时被人发现,结果被一群人攻击,伤了一条腿。那位买猪肉回来的村民发现老虎不见,便带着猪肉去山上找老虎,以完成他的承诺。后来淡滨尼的村民们经常看到一尊骑着三只脚老虎神明,自称是洪仙大帝。
因为土地被征用,落阳天公坛福安殿后池厅顺兴古庙吉星亭济阳堂慈灵宫新芭大伯公落阳村大伯公汉阳大伯公淡滨尼九英哩天公坛淡滨尼九英哩大伯公地万大伯公在一九九二年迁入淡滨尼联合宫
  Deities 神明
Main Deity 主神/佛
Hong Xian Da Di 洪仙大帝Other temples with this as main deity


Other Deities 众神/佛
Activities 活动
庚子(鼠)年十月廿一日 : 洪仙大帝圣诞
Lunar: 21st of 11th mth - Birthday of Hong Xian Da Di

  Contact Information 联络资讯
Address: 25 Tampines Street 21, Singapore
Tel: 6783 0655, 6784 3087

Operating Hours:
6:30am to 8:30pm

Click on "View Larger Map" for driving direction and public transport advice.
想知道行驶方向或查询公共交通路线请点击以下"View Larger Map"。
View Larger Map