Galleries 历史走廊

Pioneers 先驱 Clans 会馆

Contact us 联络我们

Feedback反馈 Facebook

Temple Events 庙宇活动

Calendar日历

Find temples 寻找庙宇

List列举 Search搜索

Location 地点

Map地图

   Downtown Other temples in this area

> Yu Huang Gong (Keng Teck Whay Building) 玉皇宫 (庆德楼) Yu Huang Gong (Keng Teck Whay Building) 玉皇宫 (庆德楼) Yu Huang Gong (Keng Teck Whay Building) 玉皇宫 (庆德楼) Yu Huang Gong (Keng Teck Whay Building) 玉皇宫 (庆德楼)

Yu Huang Gong (Keng Teck Whay Building)
玉皇宫 (庆德楼)

  Introduction

Origin of Keng Teck Whay

Keng Teck Whay (association) was founded in 1831 by 36 Peranakan merchants, mostly from Malacca, who had close relationship with Thian Hock Keng (see Founders chart below). The lease for Keng Teck Whay Building was obtained in 1827 and the construction was believed to be completed between the late 1840s and early 1850s. It is one of the oldest mutual aid associations that also functions as an ancestral temple and a private temple, dedicated to the worship of Jade Emperor (Yu Huang Da Di) and San Guan Da Di. In the presence of San Guan Da Di the founders  took an oath of fraternity to become sworn brothers and established rules to ensure proper functioning of the association. The rules include helping fellow member's family in the event of misfortune, restrict membership of the association to only the eldest male descendants of the founders, forbid females from going to the upper floors of the pagoda, and pay respect to ancestors on 5 important Chinese festivals - Qing Ming (Tomb Sweeping), Shang Yuan Jie, Zhong Yuan Jie, Xia Yuan Jie, Dongzhi (Winter Solstice).

Founder Stele

There is a stone tablet at the rear building of the temple that lists the founders of Keng Teck Whay, but only 35 names are listed. The missing name is Tan Koon Swee, probably because his grandson was expelled for making an unauthorized sale of the association's land.
The tablet has no date to tell when it was erected, except for the words "Huang Qing" to indicate it was during the Qing Dynasty.

Restoration by Taoist Mission

In 2010 Keng Teck Whay association moved to Changi after transfering the ownership of this historical building to Taoist Mission, which named the temple Yu Huang Gong. Taoist Mission was founded in 1996 at Aljunied and had moved a few times before making Yu Huang Gong their permanent home. Reverend Master Lee Zhiwang is the president of Taoist Mission and the abbot of Yu Huang Gong.
The first mission of Taoist Mission was to restore the dilapidated building to its former glory. However, the funding shortfall has resulted in the delay of the restoration project. Fortunately many supporters came forward later to support Taoist Mission, which led to its successful restoration in late 2014 and its subsequent consecration on 1 Jan 2015.
There used to be a row of shophouses on the left of Keng Teck Whay building. They were demolished in the late 1970s to create Telok Ayer Green, and this exposed the exterior wall of Keng Teck Whay building that gave rise to water seepage. This damaged the antique tiles on the interior wall, which were either restored or replaced.

Architecture

Yu Huang Gong consists of an Entrance Gate, a 3-storey pagoda known as Yu Huang Pavilion and a rear building named Keng Teck building. The 3-storey pagoda is squarish on the ground floor and octagonal on the upper floors, with an auspicious bottle gourd at the top. According to Taoist Mission this represents Taoism concept of "Round Heaven and Square Earth" derived from Yin-Yang Bagua. An European spiral staircase and Peranakan tiles were added during the 1906/1907 renovation, which was also the period when western architectural features were introduced at Thian Hock Keng and Chung Wen Pagoda. In view of its rich heritage values the building was among the first to be earmarked for preservation in 1973, but was only gazetted in 2009, probably because it was not ready to be opened to public.
Taoist Mission has lifted the gender restriction on going up to level two of Yu Huang Pavilion, but visitors can only do so on the first day of each lunar month. The third storey of the pagoda is dedicated to the worship of San Qing Dao Zu, and it is still out-of-bounds to the public. An eye-catching feature of Yu Huang Gong is a 2.8m tall statue of Laozi made by Wang Quan Fu, a famous artist in China. There is also a wall mural of 9 dragons on the façade (Entrance Gate) that depicts the birth place of Laozi and a beam mural of 24 Filial Exemplars.


庆德会

庆德会是由36位土生华人(峇峇)所创立的私庙,宗祠与及互助组织。他们多数来自马六甲,入会时在三官大帝前结拜为兄弟,并每人拿出一百西班牙大元成立救济基金,用来帮助遇难会员的家属。其他的会规包括会籍只传男性后裔,严禁女性上二楼,每年在五大庆典祭祀祖先(上元节,中元节,下元节,清明和冬至)。
庆德会在1827年取得土地租约后建起庆德楼,相信是在1840年末至1850年初建起,跟隔邻的天福宫与崇文阁有密切的关系,如捐款人(见创始人表)和建筑风格。

建筑风格

塔楼底层是由四根柱子支撑的四方形建筑 ,上两层则取材自八卦图案的八角形设计,顶端盖上宝葫芦,据道协解释,这反映了道教“天圆地方”的宇宙观。上塔楼必须用“同祥和铁厂”制造的欧式旋转梯,相信是在1907年大翻新时增设。那时候也引进欧式娘惹砖,跟隔邻天福宫的大翻新同一个时期。以庆德会的历史价值,古迹保存局早在1973年就已经考虑将它列入第一批国家古迹中,且延迟到2009年才正式完成。

道教协会翻新庆德楼

2011年庆德会迁移至樟宜路,将庆德楼交給新加坡道教协会,并正式易名为《玉皇宫》。道教协会成立于1996年,原址在阿裕尼的一间店屋二楼,曾经迁至多处,包括宏茂桥工业区,2015年正式将玉皇宫当宫方地址。
因年久失修,道教协会接手时已是一栋危楼,所以道协的第一项任务就是进行大规模的修繕工程。起初由于资金不足而造成工程延迟,后来得到许多善男信女的支持,终于在多次筹款与重修下完成,尔后在2015年一月一日举行开宫大典。

翻新后

玉皇宫分为前方的山门,中间的玉皇阁和后方的庆德楼。玉皇阁的第三楼安奉三清道祖,取名为三清殿。二楼的通明殿安奉玉皇,只有在特别日子才开放给公众(包括女性)膜拜参观。新宫内有一尊2.8米高的老子木雕像,出自中国名师王泉福之手。庙前有一副九龙三鹤的彩绘,代表老子的出生地“九龙井”。道协也在中正堂内增添廿四孝彩绘,强调百善孝为先,百行德为首。
道协规定玉皇宫逢戊日不开放(根据农历- 每十天一次),也规定不能穿短裤或短裙入宫。

Founder 创始人Donated to Thian Hock Keng 资助天福宫
杨金水 Yeo Kim SweeYes
徐钦元 Chee Kim Guan
陈有郎 Tan You LongYes
蔡延龄 Chua Yan LengYes
谢宝荣 Chia Poh EngYes
薛文仲 Seet Boon TiongYes
陈国朝 Tan Koh TeouYes
李珍元 Lee Tin Guan
梁瓒元 Neo Chan GuanYes
翁如水 Ang Jee Swee
郑荣华 Tay Eng Wah
邱青山 Khoo Cheng San
何栋梁 Ho Tiong Liang
王彩凤 Ong Chai Hong
陈合意 Tan Hap Hee
杨青山 Yeo Cheng San
陈天全 Tan Tiang Chuan
陈孟宗 Tan Beng Chong
薛荣山 Seet Eng San
颜元珍 Gan Guan Tin
钟贤元 Cheong Yan Guan
陈应策 Tan Eng Chek
陈武略 Tan Boo Liap
曾梅生 Chan Buay SengYes
洪俊成 Ang Choon Seng
陈明荐 Tan Beng Choon
叶永和 Yap Eng Ho
曾明珍 Chan Beng Tin
徐长怀 Chee Tiong WhyYes
许贵郎 Koh Kwee Long
苏源泉 Soh Guan ChuanYes
许广生 Koh Kong Seng
李建安 Lee Kian Ann
梁添益 Neo Thiam Eak
徐钦三 Chee Kim SamYes
陈坤水 Tan Koon SweeYes
  Deities 神明
Main Deity 主神/佛
Jade Emperor (Yu Huang Da Di) 玉皇大帝Other temples with this as main deity


Other Deities 众神/佛
Tai Shang Lao Zun (Lao Zi) 太上老君(老子)
San Qing Dao Zu 三清道祖 (太清道德天尊、玉清元始天尊、太清灵宝天尊)
Si Yu Da Di 四御大帝 (紫微北极大帝、南极长生大帝、勾陈上宫天皇大帝、承天效法后土皇地祇)
San Guan Da Di 三官大帝(天官,地官,水官)
Quan Zhen San Zu 全真三祖 (吕纯阳真人,王重阳真人,邱长春人)
Guanyin 观音
Dou Mu Yuan Jun 斗姆元君
Nine Emperor Gods 九皇爷
Martial God of Wealth 武财神赵公明
Wen Chang Di Jun 文昌帝君
Tai Sui 太岁
Jiu Tian Xuan Nu 九天玄女
Wang Ling Gong 王灵宫天君
Tai Yi Jiu Ku Tian Zun 太乙救苦天尊
  Activities 活动View Activity Photos
庚子(鼠)年正月初一日 : 迎新年(除夕夜开始)
Lunar: 1st of 1st mth - Usher in the new year (start on the Eve)

庚子(鼠)年正月初四日至正月初五日 : 接五路财神
Lunar: 4th of 1st mth to 5th of 1st mth
Jan - Receive God of Wealth

庚子(鼠)年正月初五日至正月十四日 : 安太岁,拜太岁
Lunar: 5th of 1st mth to 14th of 1st mth
Feb - Pray to Tai Sui (Grand Duke Jupiter)

庚子(鼠)年正月初八日 : 拜天公
Lunar: 8th of 1st mth - Birthday of Jade Emperor

庚子(鼠)年正月十四日 : 上元节(元宵节)
Lunar: 14th of 1st mth - Yuan Xiao Jie

庚子(鼠)年正月十九日 : 丘处机祖师圣诞 (燕九节)
Lunar: 19th of 1st mth - Birthday of Patriarch Qiu Chuji

庚子(鼠)年二月初一日至二月初二日 : 勾陈大帝圣诞
Lunar: 1st of 2nd mth to 2nd of 2nd mth
Feb - Birthday of Lord Gou Chen Da Di

庚子(鼠)年二月初三日 : 文昌帝君圣诞,举行祈福仪式
Lunar: 3rd of 2nd mth - Birthday of Wen Chang Di Jun

庚子(鼠)年二月十五日 : 九天玄女圣诞
Lunar: 15th of 2nd mth - Birthday of Jiutian Xuannu

庚子(鼠)年二月十五日 : 道教节
Lunar: 15th of 2nd mth - Taoist Day (The Supreme Revered Day)

庚子(鼠)年二月十九日 : 观音圣诞
Lunar: 19th of 2nd mth - Birthday of Guanyin

庚子(鼠)年四月十四日 : 全真祖师吕纯阳圣诞
Lunar: 14th of 4th mth - Birthday of Lu Chun Yang

  Contact Information 联络资讯
Address: 150 Telok Ayer Street, Singapore
Tel: 6295 6112, 6225 6112

Operating Hours:
Daily 8 am to 6pm
1st & 15th of lunar month and feast day from 7am to 8pm

Click on "View Larger Map" for driving direction and public transport advice.
想知道行驶方向或查询公共交通路线请点击以下"View Larger Map"。
View Larger Map